Pic(k) of the week 8: THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA.

On February 22nd, I celebrated my 50th birthday. A milestone I guess?

Although initially planned to be celebrating at a different place, we ended up in one of our favorite UAE hotels for the night, the Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach resort. This beachfront hotel is a great place to chill out and avoid the hustle and bustle of Dubai.  

While taking a sunset stroll, Hemingway’s book “The old man and the sea” came to mind; a book I was forced to read at school as a young teenager but of which I didn’t understand the underlying message till much later. I'm not a fan of appearing in front of the camera but as this day was a special one, it was only fair for my wife to make a few images. The old man and the sea was back.

Image details:

  •  Fujifilm X-E4 with XF70-300 lens
  • ISO 250, 1/250s, f8, 70mm
  • Lightroom Classic to convert the Classic Negative image into a black and white
For the ones that missed it, I posted a comparison review between the Fujifilm X-100V and X-E4 which I used for the image above. Click here for more. 

Lastly, I'm planning a photo-adventure to Seychelles in the second part of March. If anybody has any good tips for this exiting trip, I would like to hear about it... 

Remember: "Forty is the old age of youth. Fifty the youth of old age". Victor Hugo





Comments