Pic(k of the week 47: PUT YOURSELF INTO SOMEBODY'S SHOES

Most of us are probably familiar with the expression, "Put yourself into somebody's shoes". It is of course all about being able to empathize with the other person's personal situation by imagining how the feel.

With lots of professional photographer friends struggling to meet ends in todays downturn market and thousands of airline friends worldwide who recently lost their jobs, this is really close to home for me! While I praise myself lucky with the above, I do regularly think about those that are not. Through the subconscious mind, this is often reflected in my photography over the last 6 months or so.

Since the start of the pandemic, I've tried to do more story telling with my images. Hopefully photographs like these, achieve that creative objective.

Before the summer, I started a project called "Left behind", just outside the place where I live in Dubai. Although the project pretty much came to a close during the summer with the publication of a small Blurb book, I regularly still go out to the same place. This is where I found both shoes in the images below; fitting for my thought of the week. 

Image details:

  • Fujifilm X-S10 with the XF35 F1.4 lens
  • ISO 800, f11, 1/50s
  • Straight Out Of Camera (SOOC) Classic Negative with following in camera settings:
    • Shadows +1
    • Highlights -1
    • Color +1
    • Sharpening +1
    • Noise 0
    • Clarity +2

Remember: "Always put yourself in others' shoes. If it feels that it hurts you, it probably hurts the other person too" - Rachel Grady



Comments