Pic(k) of the week 31: BEACH AERIAL - Mavic 2 Pro

The current Covid-19 pandemic, has stimulated me to learn new things and go deeper into subject matter. I’m a certified amateur drone pilot in the UAE but have been wanting to take flying and using drones to the next level. While being in Belgium for a summer break, I’m in the process of taking a“professional drone course”, compatible with the new EASA rules that should come into effect at the start of 2021. The theoretical part is now complete and I’m awaiting to start the practical training part, which will be followed by a final practical/theoretical exam.

EASA, the European Aviation Safety Agency, is trying to standardize a common European drone pilot license, which has the advantage that one can fly his/her drone in any of the EU members states with a single license; local rules need of course to be followed. 

The image below, was taken over a pretty much empty beach early morning in Sharjah, UAE. I paid particular attention to some powerful composition techniques; more specifically diagonals and leading lines. One of the other things that caught many eye, was breakwater below the waterline. 

Image details:
  • DJI Mavic 2 Pro
  • 1/400, f4, ISO100
  • Lightroom CC for RAW file development
  • DxO ColorEfex Pro 4 using the Colour contrast filter
More of my Aerial photography can be found here

Remember": "When people ask me which equipment I use, I tell them my eyes" - anon

Comments