Pic(k) of the week 30: EVERYBODY LEFT - Fujifilm GFX50R with GF45-100 lens

While going on a road trip through some small desert villages in the UAE, I noticed this empty building a few hundred meters of the road with a dramatic cloud on top of it. I initially continued driving but then forced myself to turn back. I've had too many cases where I have regretted not doing so!

After having set up the tripod, I took a few minutes to really absorb the overal atmosphere which gave me a feeling of calm and to some extend even loneliness. The image caption "Everybody left" came to mind!

I used the medium format GFX50R and new Fujifilm GF45-100 lens which I reviewed here.

Image details:
  • Fujifilm GFX50R with GF45-100 lens
  • 1/15s, f13, ISO 100, 53mm
  • RAW file development in Lightroom CC using B&W Red filter
The GFX system keeps surprising me when it come to image quality... I'm must say that I'm not a huge fan of the larger form factor of the camera system itself but I do love the quality of the files. Like everything there is a place for both; Want great portability? The X-series is perfect. Best image files possible? Use the GFX.

Remember": "I do not want to be alone. Sometimes I just want to be left alone" - anon



Comments