Pic(k) of the week 27: LET ME OUT PLEASE!

Lately, I've published quite a few new triptychs. A triptych dates back to early paintings where it was known as a "work of art divided in three panels".  

Whenever shooting a certain concept of images, I find that showing multiple images together often makes storytelling a little easier. Needless to say that a strong image can of course always stand on its own as well.

In the series below, I photographed my wife outside the door at home through a matte plastic film on the glass. By changing the color temperature, I'm trying to show the viewer a certain timeline; from warm sunset light to post sunset blue light to eventually the night (black and white).

I'm also using triptychs to see how potentially different images would look together as printed wall-art work.

  

Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-100V 
  • ISO 500, f5.6, 1/250s
  • Lightroom Classic for RAW development - minor edits including change of White Balance.  
  • Triptych made in Lightroom Classic using the Print module and then Print to file


Comments