Pic(k) of the week 5: DUBAI CANAL FOOTBRIDGE

One of my New Year resolutions was taking my Aerial photograph to the next level in 2020. The first month of the year has already been a good start with at least half a dozen 5 star aerial images so far! Maybe that book is going to happen in 2020...? 

When using a drone for aerial photography I will normally shoot at one of three camera angles; 
  1. Standard landscape angle 
  2. 45 degree down 
  3. Vertical - 90 deg down 
The last is my preferred one, likely because doing so in classic aerial photography (aircraft/helicopter) is hard to do well. It is one of the main advantages of using a drone creatively for me.

Below is a shot of the Dubai Canal footbridge in great afternoon light. An area where flying drone is allowed as long as one follows the rules; i.e. respecting min distance from people, max altitude, UAE privacy rules, etc... I'm a strong advocate of only flying drones when it is legal to do so! Be sure to be certificated when doing so in Dubai!  

  
Image details:
  • DJI Mavic 2 Pro
  • ISO 100, 1/400, f4.0
  • RAW development in Lightroom CC 
  • ColorEfex Pro 4 using Pro Contrast and Skylight filters
More of Aerial photography can be found here

Remember: "It takes both sides to build a bridge" - Frederik Nael


Comments

Jennifer Brooks said…
I enjoyed reading your article. When I talk about Dubai, I always feel joyful. When I witnessed the drone shows and displays in Omniyat, it was one of the happiest and most elegant experiences I've ever had.