Pic(k) of the week 3: CAMEL SHADOWS - DJI MAVIC 2 PRO

Living in the desert, I’ve always wanted to made an image of one or more camels with their shadows in a photogenic environment. One year, after picking up my first drone, I finally was able to capture the image I had in mind!

It is a good illustration on the benefit of having different camera systems for different uses. Photographing these camels from ground level with a standard camera set-up would have been boring and would lack the impact and drama of the image I had in mind. Being just a few meters above the ground, we get to see a totally different perspective. The benefits of aerial photography!


Image details:
  • DJI Mavic Pro 2
  • ISO 100, f4, 1/800s
  • RAW development in LR CC
  • DxO ColorEfex pro with Brilliance/Warmth and darken/lighten center filters
Unlike working with Fujifilm RAW files, developing RAW files from the Mavic 2 Pro drone generally needs more work; typically the black and white sliders will need more adjusting for optimal contrast. Do not be shy to use the sliders when your drone image looks dull for optimal impact.

For this weeks Pic(k) I hesitated quite a bit between the image above and a different one, which can be found here.

My Aerial drone photography portfolio which can be found here.

Remember: "Vision is the Art of seeing what is visible to others" - Jonathan Swift





Comments