Pic(k) of the week 42: DON'T SIT HERE - Fujifilm X-Pro3 and XF18 f1.4

The Facebook group, BELGIAN SOLUTIONS, was what started me shooting weird street signs all over the world. Signs that don't make sense; are not readable or even not visible as they are hidden behind each other or a tree. Eventually I grouped them together in a gallery called, "Street signs of the world", which is one of my ongoing projects. 

While testing the new XF18 f1.4 lens, I bumped into a bright red wall with a sign mounted on it in Satwa; one of my favorite street photography neighborhoods in Dubai. 

Initially I had a hard time seeing the faded text, but it seems to say; "Don't sit here"! I do like how the rain pipe on the left, gives the image a bit more depth! 

Image details:

  • Fujifilm X-Pro2 with XF18 f1.4 lens
  • ISO 200, f7.1, 1/200s
  • Classic Negative Film simulation with following non-default settings:  
    • DR100
    • Shadows +2, 
    • Highlights +2 
    • Color +2
    • Sharpness +2 
    • CCR Strong
    • CCB Weak

If you are interested in the Belgian Solutions photo-project, I highly recommend getting one or both of their small books. Link here

Remember: "Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else." - Leonardo da Vinci

BJORN



Comments