Pic(k) of the week 2: READY TO SERVE - DRONES ARE GOOD

We normally wouldn't think about aerial photography when talking about tennis, would we?

Over the last few months, I've finally picked up the game of tennis again after not playing for over three decades. I'm really enjoying the Dubai winter the season by playing at least few times a week now. 

I guess, it is now official: I do have a soft spot for shadows in my aerial photography! Last week, I took my drone up while my wife was playing a game with a friend. Over the years, I've learned that the best time to shoot good shadows is about 2hr before sunset (or after sunrise). Obviously this depends on how far you are from the equator and what season it is. 

While I shot some images of the entire tennis court while they were playing (click here for one), having less distracting shadows of fences and lighting poles, my preference goes to the one below of my wife serving. 

Image details:

  • DJI Mavic 2 Pro
  • ISO 100, f4.0, 1/800s
  • RAW development in Lightroom Classic 
  • Photoshop CC for some minor clean up of small distractions
More of my Aerial photography, which has a mix of airplane and drone images, can be found here

Remember: "Drones are good



Comments