Pic(k) of the week 50: EVERY CLOUD HAS ITS SHADOW

While conducting an online Street Photography workshop a few weeks back, I made a couple of statements that seemed to surprise some of the participants. First was that I always have a camera with me and secondly that I'm almost shooting personal work on a daily basis; sometimes just a single image.   

While driving back to Dubai from the East coast the other day, I noticed how the sun was about to set behind a mountain range. I stopped on the side of the road at a safe place and grabbed my Fujifilm X-100V to shoot a few frames of the sunset. Most people give up on sunset photography once the sun has disappeared, however it is often worthwhile waiting at least a few more minutes as the sun is still illuminating whatever is higher up in the sky.  As the sunset light from behind the mountain was still illuminating a lonely cloud high up in the sky, it casted an interesting shadow. After about 30secs the light changed again and the moment was gone!


Image details:

  • Fujifilm X-100V
  • ISO 320, 1/320s, f10
  • Straight Out Of Camera (SOOC) using Classic Negative film simulation
Obviously, the image caption is a play on words on the quote, "Every cloud has a silver lining".  I like how the two cars in the bottom left, add to the overal image. 

Remember: "The sun always shines above the clouds." Paul F. Davis



Comments