Pic(k) of the week 45: ON THE STREETS OF CUSCO, PERU

This weeks Pic(k) of the week, will be the fourth and last one from my recent photo-adventure to Peru last month. In case you missed it, check out the earlier posts, Paraglider take-off in Lima, Maras Salt Mines and Machu Picchu

When traveling I always try and do some Street Photography along the way. The  old capital of Peru, Cusco was great for this. With its narrow streets and colorful people it was heaven for street work. 

While acclimatizing to the higher elevations in a park in Cusco, I saw an older lady sitting at a bus station. The combination of the old with the new advertising posters immediately resonated with me as it is a good illustration how a single frame can sometimes tell a story...


Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-T3 with XF16-80 f4 lens
  • ISO 1000, f8, 1/500s, 52mm
  • Straight Out Of Camera (SOOC) using the Classic Chrome Film Simulation (-1 Highlights, +1 Shadows, +2 Sharpness, -1 Noise Reduction) 
One might notice that I shot this image with a zoom lens; something that is quite unusual for my street photography as I'm a strong advocate for shooting prime lenses for this genre of photography. This is typically where the 50mm f2 lens would have worked perfectly. I often refer to this lens (my review) as my "across the street" type of street photography lens which literary was the case above. 

I've added this image to my "Best Colour Street photo work", check it out here

I'm presently testing a new camera for Fujifilm Middle East which is "made for Street Photography"; the brand-new Fujifilm X-Pro 3. There will be an in the field review later in the month, however if you would like to follow the process be sure to follow me on Instagram here.

Remember: "The marvels of daily life are exciting; no movie director can arrange the unexpected that you find on the street" - Robert Doisneau




Comments