Pic(k) of the week 36: HAVING FUN AT BRUSSELS AIRPORT

Street Photography, is not limited to shooting on actual streets, but could be done at any public place where human life can be observed. Over the years, I've shot quite a bit of Street Photography in shopping malls, museums, stations and last but not least since I spend a lot of time around them, "airports". 

Yesterday, I was waiting for my flight back home to Dubai at Brussels airport, when I spotted a good potential photo opportunity at one of the "travelators" (moving walkway). The airport had installed a number of stickers to the sides of the walkways, that showed legs, a bicycle, skateboard and some other stuff; a perfect opportunity to play with juxtaposition in Street Photography. 

While I came up with half a dozen images that worked well for me, the one below, stood out the most because of the contrast between the gentleman wearing a suit and the sticker of somebody playing football below. 

Timing images like these is essential and doing so by taking a single frame is not easy. This is one of the exceptions where I do recommend using a high speed burst mode (CH). Take a small high speed burst as the person is passing by and then use the one that works best. No need to feel bad; use the camera technology to your advantage!



Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-T3 with XF 18-135mm
  • ISO 5000, f8, 1/400s, 39mm
  • RAW development in Lightroom CC to Classic Chrome
  • Nik ColorEfex by DxO for Black and White conversion
I believe the image above deserves a place in my "Best Black and White Street Photography" gallery. Check out the other work here

Last but not least the image is indeed shot with the brand new FUJIILM X-T3. I’m finalising my review which I expect to release by SUN 09 SEP.

Remember: "It is not the photographer that makes the picture but the person that is being photographed" Sebastiao Salgado

BJORN


Comments