Pic(k) of the week 50: Dubai canal footbridge minimalism
Sometimes one goes out on a photoshoot with a preconceived idea... such was the case when I left for the recently opened Dubai Canal last week! I had envisioned a blue hour image of one of the footbridges with the Dubai skyline in the background. Unfortunately a barge was parked below the bridge, ruining the original planned shot.
Time to revert back to Architectural minimalism! For me the image below worked well for two reasons;
- Shapes, the fact that one can see several interesting triangles.
- Colour, the use of the complementary colours blue and yellow
Originally I had planned to convert the image to Black and White, but I find the colour version much more pleasing.
- Fujifilm X-T2 with the XF10-24mm f4 lens
- ISO 200, f6.4, 1/250s, 10mm (15mm full frame equivalent)
- RAW conversion in Lightroom CC
- Photoshop CC to remove a few imperfections in the paint of the bridge
- Nik ColorEfex Pro 4 with the Graduated, Brilliance and Pro Contrast filter
I've added the shot to my Architectural Portfolio, which means I believe the image is one of my stronger ones. I'm a believer in keeping your portfolio(s) small and have therefore no problem removing one of the older images. To check out the latest of my Architectural portfolio click here.
Remember: "We build too many walls and not enough bridges" - Isaac Newton