Pic(k) of the week 51: Cloudy skies over the Meydan bridge

Most of you probably figured out that I have a weak spot for bridges in my Architectural work. Although I normally try to balance my Pic(k) of the week with different topics, after last weeks "Dubai Canal bridge"posts, I'll be a repeat offender this week! 

One of the places, I try to visit at least once every winter is the Meydan Bridge in Dubai; picking a day with rare (for Dubai) clouds, was a must for this years  visit!

This great bridge is a little of the beaten track for most people visiting Dubai, but I've noticed that it has attracted more and more attention over the last few years. The night I was there, a handful of Chinese photographers visiting from Shanghai, were also there.

The image below was made during the blue hour, about 20 min after sunset. And "blue" it was!


Image details:
Fujifilm X-T2 with the XF 10-24 f4 lens
ISO 200, f13, 16mm, 3 shot bracket between 1/2sec and 10sec
Merge to 32 bit  file with HDR Pro in Photoshop CC
Nik ColorEfex pro4 for optimal constrast

Although the great blue LED system designed by Philips Lighting is so typical for this great piece of architecture, I also converted one of the images into Black and White. Click here for more! 

Remember: Until you cross the bridge of your insecurities, you can't begin to explore your possibilities" - Tim Fargo








Comments