Pic(k) of the week 17: A quiet moment at Jumeirah Beach, Dubai

Once in a while we all need our quiet moments and in a busy city like Dubai this can sometimes be a challenge...

While test shooting the brand-new Fujifilm 16mm f1.4 prime lens earlier this month at the Jumeriah beach just North of the Burj al Arab hotel, I was presented with the following scene...

A gentleman sat down on the rocks of a breakwater, right in front of my camera.
I was particularly attracted by the way how the light of his smartphone illuminated part of his face. 

Initially, I wanted to ask him if it would be OK to make an image, but I ended up grabbing the moment while it developed in order not to loose the moment. Hope I didn't offend anybody by doing so.

If ever the gentleman, who carried a DSLR and which likely was also a photographer, reads this post, he can of course contact me to get a free high resolution copy of the file!

A quiet moment at Jumeirah Beach, Dubai

Image details:
Fujifilm X-T1 with the XF 16mm f1.4 WR Fujinon lens
ISO 400, f5.6, 5sec
RAW file development in Lightroom 5.7
Blended in the water from a 20s exposure file with Photoshop CC 2014


For the ones, that missed the review of the new 16mm f1.4 prime lens, please click here.

Remember, "the quieter you become, the more you can hear".

BJORN


Comments