Pic(k) of the week 30: Bye Bye Dubai

No, I'm not leaving Dubai for good! Today however, my Summer holiday starts. If all goes as planned it will be an interesting three and a half weeks.


Initially off to Belgium for a few days, I'll then fly to Reykjavik Iceland for a weeklong solo photo-adventure. The last 2 weeks will then be spend in Belgium and Northern France, doing some aerial and aviation photography. 


Tomorrow is my "10th anniversary" in Dubai. Oh boy this city has changed since I first got here! Even though I still do like the place, it is always nice to escape the extreme Summer heat and humidity... Temperatures topped at 49C (120F) yesterday. But don't you guys worry. I'll be back! 


2012 Pic(k) of the week 30: Bye Bye Dubai


Keeping to the theme of traveling, the image above was shot on the Dubai Metro, with the Emirates airlines Head Quarters (EKHQ) in the right hand side of the frame. 


Image details:
Nikon D700 with Nikkor 50mm 1.4 
ISO200, 50mm, f5, 1/1250s
LR4 RAW development
Nik SilverEfex 2 for Black and White conversion


Remember, "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" - Andre Gide

BJORN

Follow me on:


Comments

iffatali said…
Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything.
Flights to Windhoek
Cheap Flights to Windhoek
Cheap Air Tickets to Windhoek