GALLERY OF THE MONTH - JUNE 2023 - ADVERTISE HERE

Over the years, Photography projects have become a more important part of my photography work. It must therefore be no surprise that some of these make it into one of my "Gallery of the month" posts! 


Like many photographers, at the end of the Covid lockdown in May 2020, I was eager to go out and document the streets of Dubai again. Rather than shooting people in masks, I knew I wanted to capture that moment differently...


One of the things that became evident early on, was how most (almost all) of the large advertising panels in Dubai (and the rest of the UAE) were empty.

Needless to say that at the time, all companies needed to safe as much cash as possible and therefore immediately put most of not all of their advertising on hold. 


Advertise here is a collection of about 50 images, shot in 2020 all over the UAE, showing temporarily empty advertising panels. 

By now, the local economy seems to be booming again and there are highly any empty panels to be found. A sign that the project is completed for me! 

Advertise here

For me a project is never really finished if it isn't in book/magazine format. As a summer project (yes, we stay largely inside here in Dubai during the hottest months), I will probably bundle the strongest images of the collection in a small zine. 


Meanwhile, the entire project can be found here!






Comments