Pic(k) of the week 52: THE END IS NEAR.

January 4th 2010, my first Pic(k) of the week appeared on this blog, (click here to check it out). Since then, I've been blogging one image per week for 12 consecutive years; 627 Pic(k)'s, never missed a week! 

The personal project has often forced me to go out and shoot even when I felt like like doing something different. It has pushed my creativity to a different level, something that is hopefully evident in the quality of the images shared during all these years. As 12 Years is a long time for a single personal project, the time has finally come for the last Pic(k) of the week, coincidental with the last post of 2021!  

Do not worry, the blog is staying. I plan on doing more dedicated posts on photo-trips, other projects as well as gear reviews, etc… 

So, what is the last image of the series?

Over the years, I’ve never gone out to shoot a specific image for my Pic(k) of the week series but I sometimes have realized straight after clicking the shutter, that I had my next Pic(k) of the week. Such was the case with the image below, made at the end of a one of the metro lines in Dubai. Captioned, “The end is near”, it is a symbolic image for both the end of the project and the end of the year. 

Image details:

  • Fujifilm X-T3 with XF35 f1.4 lens
  • ISO 320, 1/1100s, f10
  • In camera Film Recipe for "Kodak Tri-Max 400" made by FujiWeekly. Click here to check out the settings.
Especially for Street and Documentary work, I love to work as much as possible in camera, minimizing editing time! Ritchie from the "Fujiweekly" blog, has been developing "Film recipes" which simulate specific Analog film types, for a number of years. A great way to minimise editing and mimic this analog look! All of us Fujifilm shooters, owe Ritchie a big thank you. Your work is really appreciated! 

One of my photographic New Year resolutions, is to only shoot Black and White for the first month of 2022... Yes, it will probably end up in a separate blogpost here! 

One year ago, we were all so much looking forward to the New year 2021! While the year for most was probably better than its predecessor, it still came (and comes) with a lot of challenges and problems. With the Omnicron variant the pandemic is obviously still not over. 

In a few days we will flip the page again and welcome 2022! I hereby would like to thank the readers for following the Pic(k) of the week series and wish everybody a HAPPY 2022!

Remember: “There is no real ending. It is just a place, where you stop the story” - Frank Herbert.



Comments