Pic(k) of the week 25: ONE THE ROAD IN CHINA - Black and White Street photography

Over the years, I've shot quite a bit on the streets in China; mostly Beijing and Shanghai; the latter one being my favorite mega-city in China. 

For Street Photography, I always find it amazing how one city is more of a color city while others are clearly Black and White. It probably happens in my subconscious mind but Bangkok (Thailand) and Varanasi (India) are two examples that clearly need to be seen in colour. Paris and Istanbul on the other side are pure Black and White cities for me!

Likely influenced by some of the legendary Photographers like Henri Cartier Bresson, it makes me see certain cities only in Black and White...

Bresson has done a lot of his early work while traveling through China, making it another place which I almost exclusively see in Black and White. 

While walking the streets of Shanghai a few weeks ago, I bumped into a proud dad taking his daughter for an after work walk; a great moment with an interesting gesture and even better emotional expression! 


Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-T3 with XF23 f1.4
  • ISO 4000, 1/250s, f7.1
  • SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera) jpeg using Acros Y with +1 Warm
  • No editing
More of the China work can be found in my "One the road in China" gallery. 

Remember: "Life is not Black and White. There is a gray nuance to it" - Pilou Asbaek


BJORN



Comments