Pic(k) of the week 8: ANOTHER SUNSET - ANOTHER FUJIFILM CAMERA

Last week, FEB 14, Fujifilm announced a new camera which I have been testing for over a week now. Due to work and family commitments, I wasn't able to release a full review by the release date. Meanwhile, I'm writing this on a ski holiday in Austria; yes, with the new camera! So, while the review is definitively in the making and will likely come out end of February (or early March), I would like to share an image shot with the new camera as my Pic(k) of the week!

As the camera has the same new sensor as the Fujifilm X-T3 (review here), there are no surprises with regards to the image quality. The image below was shot at "Dubai Creek Harbour", my favorite location to shoot Dubai skyline images. I was lucky to be there during a nice cloudy winter evening, making for some great sunset light. I especially like how the sun-rays were reflecting into the middle of the image. The image was shot as single frame as I wanted to show the beautiful light as I witnessed it without fancy image blending techniques.

Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-T30 with the XF50-140 f2.8 lens
  • ISO 200, f11, 1/180s, 66mm focal length
  • RAW development in the latest 
During the Gulf Photo Plus (GPP) week in Dubai on FEB 08, Fujifilm held their first X Summit (full video here). The first edition of a new type of event where a number of Fujifilm managers on stage were explaining some of the new developments and asked the audience for advice on lenses and possible firmware functionalities. I attended as an X-Photographer for the brand and at the very end (1h47') of the video, can be heard asking a few questions about the Fujifilm Remote App and Geotagging. Meanwhile, we have learned that a brand-new Remote app will be coming out by the end of March which is great news. Let's see if it will allow to be used in landscape mode and if transfer of video files will be possible? 

Back to skiing now!

Remember: "Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn" - Ralph Waldo Emerson





Comments