Pic(k) of the week 14: The shoe seller - Textile souq, Bur Dubai

What is often referred to as the "Old Dubai", is by far my favourite place to shoot Street Photography in Dubai!  Along the Creek (inlet of the Arabian Gulf), Old Dubai is made of two parts; Deira on the East and Bur Dubai on the Westbank of the Creek.

While one finds several souqs (open markets) along both sides of the Creek, the Textile souq in Bur Dubai is probably the most busy one! I combine both areas together in a large gallery called, "Life at the Creek". 

On my last visit to the area, I spotted this Pakistani shoe seller and was attracted by his reflection in a mirror. When I showed him the image afterwards, he was so excited, he immediately wanted a copy of the image. Using the Fujifilm Wifi remote app combined with the Wifi capability of the camera, I was able to email him the image straight away!



Image details:
Fujifilm X-T10 with the XF 35mm f2 Fujinon lens
ISO 320, f6.4, 1/60s
RAW Black and White conversion in Lightroom CC

For the ones that missed it, last week I was the guest speaker in the hugely popular "Street Focus" podcast, part of the TWiP (This Week in Photo) network and run by French Street Photographer Valérie Jardin. I was invited for her "Streets of the World" series, where I discuss the Street Photography scene in Dubai in a one hour interview. 

A direct link to the podcast page can be found here

"When people ask me what equipment I use, I tell them by eyes"


BJORN



Comments