Pic(k) of the week 41: View on the Pink city - Toulouse

It is during periods of little photography, that I clearly feel how important this thing is for me...
As some readers might know, I'm presently in the South of France on a three week A380 pilot training course for my day-job. Even though I brought my Nikon D800 to Toulouse, also called the Pink city, I've had little opportunity to go out and shoot. Yesterday I took a short touristy boat trip on the river Garonne, for the sole purpose of trying to capture some interesting images.

2012 Pic(k) of the week 41: View on Toulouse

The image above of the "Hôpital de La Grave" was made as the boat came out of one of the locks along the river Garonne. I particularly like how the bridge frames the 17th century building with a dramatic sky in the background. Even though I have limited editing tools available on my Macbook, I'm pleased with the resulting image.

Image details:
Nikon D800 with Nikkor 24-70 2.8
ISO 100, f7.1, 45mm, 1/320s
RAW development in Lightroom 4.2
Single HDR development in Photomatix 4
Nik SilverEfex 2 for Black and White conversion

Remember, "There are always two people in every picture, the photographer and the viewer" - Ansel Adams



Comments