Pic(k) of the week 5: Pineapple building

One of the things Western visitors to the UAE are always amazed with is that official street and building names are rarely used here. People give directions like; " take a left at the pink building, then second street after the green mosque". Another typical example is the Dubai Silicon Oasis Head Quarters (DSO HQ), which people familiar with the area call "the Pineapple building"...

I live in a villa compound in the DSO area and while running in the neighbourhood, I had noticed a potential photograph of the DSO HQ in post sunset light.

2012 Pic(k) of the week 5: Pineapple building
The image above was made about 15 min after the sun went down. I purposely selected a small aperture of f 20 to get a nice "star effect" of the lights. 

Image details:
Nikon D700 with Nikkor 24-70 2.8
ISO 200, 40mm, f 20, 8 sec
RAW development in LR3
Nik SilverEfex Pro 2

As I'm writing this, I'm getting ready for a weeklong ski-trip to Austria. The big camera bag will stay home but I do plan to make loads of iPhone images. Some of these will probably find their way on my Facebook and Google Plus pages!

Whatever you do, where ever you are, have a great week!
BJORN


Comments