Pic(k) of the week 33: The Kite Runner

Today is the last day in my home country Belgium. I got here just under three weeks ago and I managed to include quite a bit of photography during the trip. Some personal projects, quite a few air to air work as well as a shoot for a large business aviation client. More on this the coming weeks.

Last week was spend on and around the North Sea. A 36hr boat trip on a friends yacht, followed by a few days at a beachside apartment in Koksijde. 

Pic(k) of the week 33: The Kite-Runner
It was at the latter, that I photographed this Asian child playing with his kite. Shooting with a long lens, he never noticed me, which makes for a very natural look. The image immediately reminded me of the famous book / movie "The Kite Runner" written by Khaled Hosseini.

Image details:
Nikon D700, Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VR2
ISO 200, 200mm, f5, 1/1000sec
RAW development with Lightroom 3
Black and white conversion with Nik SilverEfex 

Some of the other images of the stay at Koksijde beach, can be found here.

Click that shutter,

Comments