FUJIFILM X-photographer goes to MYANMAR (BURMA)

Tomorrow, I'll be leaving on my next photo-adventure; a two week trip to Myanmar, former Burma. Since I already received a few emails asking what I'll take on the trip, I elected to do a quick; "what's in the camera bag?" blogpost.


First, apologies for the low quality of the images below... There is only so much one can do with an iPhone 5!

The two week trip will be mainly about people and general travel photography; starting at Yangoon we will be visiting Mandalay, Monywa, Bagan, Kalaw and Inle Lake.   

So what am I taking to Burma?
  • Fujifilm X-T1 with the VG-XT1 battery grip as my main camera body
  • Fujifilm X-E1 as my backup and secondary camera body
  • Fujinon XF 50-140mm 2.8 lens pre-production sample
  • Fujinon XF 18-55mm lens
  • Fujinon XF 10-24mm f4 lens
  • Fujinon XF 14mm 2.8 lens (might be left behind, still debating)
  • Fujinon 23mm 2.8 lens
  • MHG-XT grip  for X-T1 (to be used as a camera plate, when shooting on a tripod)
  • Polariser filters (58mm and 72mm)
  • 10 stop ND filter (58mm and 72mm)
  • MeFoto Roadtrip tripod with RRS BH-30 ballhead
  • Gorillapod SLR zoom with MeFoto ballhead
  • EF-X8 mini flash for X-T1
  • Remote release Hongdak RS-60E3
  • Giotto Rocket blower
  • Arctic butterfly 724 sensor brush
  • 4 extra NP-W126 Fujifilm batteries 
  • 2 Fujifilm battery chargers
  • 1TB WD My passport external hard drive 
  • 4 SD cards (1x16Gb, 2x32GB and 1x64GB), all Sandisk class 10
  • Macbook Pro Retina 15inch with Lightroom, Photoshop and all Nik Software plugins



All the gear except for the tripod and computer, fits nicely in my Thinktank StreetWalker Pro and weights exactly what is allowed for my domestic flights inside Myanmar; 7kg! What a difference compared to my travels prior to the switch from Nikon to Fujifilm; 15 to 17kg with only one camera body were no exception in those days! 

After my last photo-adventure to New Zealand, this is the second trip where I'll travel exclusively with lightweight Fujifilm gear. 

I'll be testing the brand-new Fujinon XF 50-140 2.8 weather sealed lens on the trip. Because of the limited (if any) internet access in Myanmar, I won't be able to post a lot of images during the trip, but expect a full review on the lens and trip-report by the end of this month!

"When you travel remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable, it is designed to make its own people comfortable" - Clifton Fadiman

Happy shooting,
BJORN

Comments