Pic(k) of the week 46: Lonely New York subway

Just back from a quick visit to New York, I realised that I do not have gallery dedicated to the Big apple...

Time to change this: a brand-new New York gallery in my Travel section can now be found here.

2012 Pic(k) of the week 46: Lonely New York subway

One of the images that made it in, is this image of the New York subway late at night. I like the lonely feel of this often very busy environment!

To me it looks like Manhattan is almost running back to normal, after Hurricane Sandy struck the East coast. I do however understand that a lot of people outside Manhattan , unfortunately have other stories to tell!

Image details:
Nikon D700 ( yes image was made Nov 2011) with the Nikkor 24-70 2.8 lens
ISO 1250, 70mm, f2.8, 1/160s
RAW development in Lightroom 4.1
Nik ColorEfex Pro for contrast adjustment

Remember, " Twelve significant photographs in any one year, is a good crop" - Ansel Adams


BJORN
Follow me on:





Comments