Pic(k) of the week 4: TAKING THE CAMELS FOR A WALK IN DUBAI

I'm a strong believer that as a photographer we should always have a camera with us whenever we leave the house. Yes, it can be a camera phone, but for me it is more likely a "real camera". Remember, the smaller it is, the more likely you will not leave it at home! 

I was happy to have my Fujifilm X-T3 with me in the car, when I bumped into a camel herder while driving just outside my home on the outskirts of Dubai. The scene of a modern Dubai skyline bathing in beautiful morning light with a camel and its owner (or care-taker) in the foreground, was just begging to be photographed. Not doing so would be a photographic crime!

The image was a classic example where I did hesitate between publishing a colour or black and white version. I eventually elected to show the latter as it goes better with the emotional contrast in the image.


Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-T3 with XF18-135 lens
  • ISO 250, f13, 1/500s, 53mm 
  • RAW development in LR CC
  • DxO SilverEfex for Black and White conversion
Personally I classify the image as a "Street Photo" as it was not posed and clearly shows human life. My best Black and White street-photo work can be found here

Remember: "The best camera is the one you have with you" - Chase Jarvis





Comments