Pic(k) of the week 51: WINTER TREES TRIPTYCH - Fujifilm X-Pro 3

This time of the year it is very common to  hear fellow photographers complain about the weather and the bad quality of the light. Dull light when overcast skies. It is raining, I can't take pictures. Obviously this should stop us making images. 

Point is that one can often use these aspects of so called bad light to your advantage. When I saw these winter trees in Zurich last week, sitting under a very dull overcast skies, I knew that a hard contrast "black and white" like the one below would make for something interesting. 

Given I was after the highest type of contrast, I actually shot the image in the new Classic Negative "colour" film simulation rather than black and white; which seems to increase the contrast even more. 

As I immediately could see a series of images, I shot about 10 frames of a few different trees with the main trunk across the frame in different directions and angles. This to give me more variety to compose a triptych later on.

The image below looks small on the blogpost. Please make sure to click on it for the best viewing experience. 


Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-Pro 3 with XF35mm f1.4 lens
  • Varying aperture, shutter speeds and ISO for the 3 images
  • Using Classic Negative Film simulation, SOOC
  • Lightroom CC print module to make the triptych
The triptych is definitively in the pool of images to be printed. 

Remember:"There is no bad light, only bad photographs

BJORN

Comments