Pic(k) of the week 15: WHEN NATURE TAKES OVER

It must have been close to a year ago, when I first went to the abandoned village near Al Madam in the UAE. Reminding me of Kolmanskop in Namibia, it is a classic example that shows the power of Nature, yes written with a capital "N"!

I love how in some of the houses, the desert dunes have entered through open doors and windows and now come up all the way to the ceiling. While there are plenty of interesting photo opportunities from ground level, an aerial view like the one below, gives the series an extra dimension. Another example that shows how my Fujifilm gear plays well together with aerial footage from a Mavic 2 Pro.  



 Image details:
  • DJI Mavic 2 Pro 
  • 1/640s, f4.0, ISO 100
  • Lightroom CC for RAW file development
While the project is still ongoing, the work so far of "When the Desert takes over" can be found here

I've also edited a short 2 min short film about the project, where I've combined both images shot with the Fujifilm X-series cameras and the DJI drone. Check it out on Vimeo here


Remember: "What makes the desert beautiful, is that somewhere it hides a well" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery 


Comments