Pic(k) of the week 5: FIVE GUYS, TAIPEI - Street Photography with Fujifilm GFX 50R

My last blogpost was about the 3 week Street Photography challenge I had with the medium format GFX 50R end of last year. If you missed it, please check it out here. When I wrote the post, I did leave one image out on purpose as I had it in mind for my next Pic(k) of the week. 

The image below is what I found to be one of my strongest Street Photography images shot with the GFX 50R. It is a classic example of waiting at a certain spot for a subject to walk into the frame. More about this below...

Although I'm not the one that came up with this first, I often talk about 3 ways to shoot the street, all starting with a F; the first one is Fishing, where the photographer waits at a certain spot for a subject to walk into the frame. Then we have Follow, where one just shadows a subject before making the image. The last one, sounds like "duck" but starts with an F; this is when all of a sudden we see a scene develop and only have a split second to frame the image.

Back to the image which I for obvious reasons, called "Five guys". When I used a public toilet in a small park in Taipei (Taiwan), I knew there was an image to be made.


Image details
  • GFX 50R with GF 45mm f2.8 R WR lens
  • ISO 4000, 1/250s, f9.0
  • SOOC (Straight out of camera) jpeg file using Classic Chrome Film simulation.
More of my Street Photography from Taipei, can be found here.

Remember: "Life is only a reflection of what we allow ourselves to see" .





Comments