Pic(k) of the week 2: FLYING HIGH OVER MOUNT DAMAVAND, IRAN - Fujifilm GFX 50R

Readers that follow me on Instagram, will likely know that I've been testing the brand-new Fujifilm GFX 50R camera over the last few weeks. While I have shot the larger GFX 50S before, I was keen on trying the smaller 50R for Street and Documentary work. More about this in a future blogpost. 

It was also the first time I tried the Fujifilm medium format camera system for Aerial photography; one of my favorite genres of photography! And yes, the camera does not disappoint! It is small enough one can comfortably shoot it from a plane/helicopter while the amount of detail is mind-boggling. This would be my go to camera if I was to do full time aerial photography today! 

The image below of the highest mountain in Iran, Mount Damavand close to Tehran, was shot from an airliner cruising at 36000ft. I've blogged about this very photogenic landscape before in 2015, so rather than duplicating info, please check out the previous post here.


Image details:
  • Fujifilm GFX 50R with the GF45mm f2.8 R WR lens
  • 1/320s, f10, ISO 100 
  • SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera) Super Fine jpeg
  • No image post-processing or image editing 
I'm planning on printing the image above on a large dibond. Meanwhile, have added it to my Aerial portfolio, a limited collection of my best aerial work which can be checked here

Lastly, I finally have picked up my first drone, a DJI Mavic 2 Pro! Expect to see some aerial drone images on this blog...

Remember; "The most important part of the camera is the 12 inches behind the viewfinder. I really hate it when somebody looks at my photos and says, wow you have a great camera!". Ansel Adams


BJORN



Comments