Pic(k) of the week 26: AERIAL OF CAR TERMINAL, VLISSINGEN

Yesterday I returned from a three day Aerial photography trip to the Wadden islands with my 1954 Piper Cub aircraft. The Wadden islands are a long chain of small islands in the Northern part of the Netherlands and Germany. 

Beside some interesting nature aerial work (upcoming Pic(k) of the week), I also used the opportunity to photograph some of the commercial ports, we passed on the way. Below is an image of a Dutch port facility run by Cobelfret at Vlissingen, where thousands of mainly right hand drive Ford cars/vans, are being collected, before being shipped on large RoRo (Roll-on/roll-off) ships to the UK. They come in from different central European car factories on river barges, trucks and trains.

A full parking lot like the one below is a joy to photograph, as it provides great patterns and colours; something that is the main focus point (no pun intended) in my aerial photography!


Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-T2 with the XF18-135 lens
  • ISO 500, 1/1250s, f8.0, 62mm
  • Lightroom CC Classic for RAW development
While more of my aerial photography from the latest trip to the Netherlands/Germany will be uploaded over the next few days, I meanwhile invite you to have a look at my previous work here.


Remember: "A good photograph is knowing where to stand" - Ansel Adams



Comments