Pic(k) of the week 6: FLANDERS FIELD PATTERNS - Aerial photography with the Fujifilm X-T2

Last week I spend a week in my home country Belgium and although the weather wasn't the best, I still managed to shoot some new Aerial Photography work from my 65 year old Piper Super Cub; often referred to as the little yellow Flying machine

One of my favourite shots from the latest trip was the image below of a manmade canal around a new large hospital complex just outside the city of Roeselare. I'm not entirely sure what the main purpose is of the waterway, but it definitively looks visually appealing! Long time blog-readers, probably know that I'm always drawn by interesting patterns in my aerial photography. 

While typically aerial nature photography is often best in spring and fall, winter scenes can also be interesting because of the lack of foliage, making patterns even stand out more.


Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-T2 with the XF 18-135 lens
  • ISO 800, 1/900s, f8, 79mm (118mm full frame equivalent)
  • Iridient developer for RAW conversion
  • Nik ColorEfex Pro 4 for optimal contrast
More of my Aerial photography can be found here

Remember: "The single most important component of a camera is the 12 inches behind it" - Ansel Adams



Comments