Pic(k) of the week 12 D E S E R T W A V E S - landscapes with the Fujifilm XF-100-400

After I reviewed the new Fujifilm XF 100-400 lens, I knew pretty much straight away, that I would buy one myself. End of February this became a fact. 

Primarily for my Aviation Photography, this super tele-zoom, is also very useful for landscape photography! Not something most people think about when looking at long zoom lenses...

Last year, I started a personal project called "Sandscapes", a wordplay on landscapes, where I photograph interesting patterns in sand; i.e. mainly in the desert. When the light is right, these patterns can have some very interesting shapes.  

The image below is titled "desert waves", clearly due to its resemblance of its marine counterparts.

Although the new year is barely 12 weeks old, I feel this will probably be one of my favourite images of 2016... I can clearly see it hanging on a wall as a nice large print! Make sure, you click on it, in order to fully enjoy the full screen view.

Sandscapes

Image details:
Fujifilm X-Pro2 with the XF 100-400 lens
ISO 800, 1/200s, f13, 100mm
Lightroom CC for development of the Compressed RAW file (32MB)
Nik ColorEfex Pro 4 for optimal contrast

The image "Desert Waves" is now also part of my "Nature of the UAE" and "Travel portfolio " galleries.

Remember: "What makes the desert so interesting, it that somewhere it hides a well" - Antoine de Saint Exupery


BJORN


Comments