Pic(k) of the week 33 : Spotlight on 1931 Travel Air biplane

Vintage aircraft have always been high on my Aviation Photography shooting-list and as some of you might know, I'm now the proud shared owner of a 1954 Piper Super Cub.

The aircraft below is not our “Cub" but a 1931 British registered visiting Travel Air 12W, parked at my local home airport in Belgium (Kortrijk-Wevelgem) for the night

When the sun peaked briefly through the clouds a few hours before sunset, I immediately framed few shots with my Fujifilm X-T1. Less than 30 seconds later, and this great moment was all gone. 

Spotlight on Travel Air 12 Q/W at Kortrijk-Wevelgem, Belgium

Image details:
Fujfilm X-T1 with the weather sealed 18-135mm
ISO 400, 25mm (38mm full frame equivalent), f5.6, 1/500s
RAW file imported and edited in Lightroom 5.6
Nik ColorEfex Pro 4 for Pro Contrast and local detail enhancement


Next Saturday, I’m hoping to fly our Piper Cub to the Oldtimer fly-in at Schaffen-Diest, Belgium. Needless to say that my lightweight Fujifilm camera bag will be coming along as well!

BJORN


Comments