Pic(k) of the week 18: Wide-angle view on Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Those following me on the blog, know that over the last 12 months, I've become a great advocate of working with smaller cameras. When Fujifilm Middle East, borrowed me a copy of their brand-new 10-24mm f4 wide-angle lens last week, I knew that I might as well give them the 1000,-USD and keep the lens. 

A week into the testing period, I've taken the brand new lens on a few shoots and have not been disappointed! While one can expect an "in the field review" towards the end of next week, I want to share an image shot yesterday, as my Pic(k) of the week!

It was made at the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi (UAE); the perfect setting to test a wide-angle lens. Even though there are more restrictions on where one can go than before,  the site at the Grand Mosque, one hour from Dubai, is still a must visit for all photographers visiting the UAE.

2014 Pic(k) of the week 18: Wide-angle view on Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque

Image details:
Fujifilm X-T1 with the 10-24 f4 lens
ISO200, 18mm (27mm full frame equivalent), f8
Shutter-speeds for 7 shots varying between 1/2s and 1/40s
HDR 32bit tone-mapping in Photoshop CC
Lightroom 5.4 for 32bit image developing 
Nik ColorEfex for contrast and detail enhancement

More images of the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque can be found here.

Remember: " Every building is a prototype. No two buildings are alike. - Helmut Jahn


BJORN


Comments