Pic(k) of the week 19: Sydney icons at night

Those of you following this blog for a while, probably know that I do a significant amount of travelling around the globe. A quick check shows me that over the years, I've now been to 84 of the Worlds 246 countries... Just over one third, but a long way to go!

During these travels there have some cities that clearly stick out. Sydney, the capital of the Australian city New South Wales, definitively meets this challenge! It surely deserves a place in my personal top 10, along places like New York, Singapore, San Francisco and Hong Kong.

When I got to spent a few days in Sydney earlier this week, it had previously been about 5 years since my last visit. A bit like meeting a friend which one hasn't seen in a long time...

2013 Pic(k) of the week 19: Sydney icons at night

The world renown Sydney Opera House and Harbour bridge are a joy to photograph at dusk. There are a few places, where one can frame both Sydney icons together. The image above was made from the Luna park area at the North side of the bridge.

Image details:
FujiFilm Sexy-1 (X-E1) with the 18-55 Fujinon lens
ISO 200, 28mm (full frame equivalent), f 9, 14s
RAW development in Lightroom 4.4
Nik ColorEfex Pro for contrast adjustment

While editing the image I also developed a Black and White version. I asked my Bjorn Moerman Photography Facebook page subscribers as well as my Google Plus followers to choose between the colour and Black and White version. It seems that the majority wants colour! Democracy in Photography. Here you go!

On a side note this is now the second Fuji X-E1 image, that made it into my Architectural Portfolio.

More of my Sydney images can be found here.

Remember, "For those that are lost, there will always be cities that feel like home" - Simon van Booy

BJORN








Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.