Best 3 x 3 of 2012

Today I'm bringing you my best 3 Architectural, Aviation and Travel images of 2012. I finished the year with a total of 6200 images in my 2012 Lightroom library. This is significant less than previous years; more than likely due to the fact that I started using the monster megapixel Nikon D800, earlier this year. Since files are about three times the size of my previous D700 body, I'm making a conscious decision to shoot less frames while aiming for a higher quality. This is seems to be confirmed by a doubling the percentage of my 5 star (highest & best rated) images; 1% in 2011 versus 2.1% in 2012.

As part of the picking process at the end of the year, I've also updated my three portfolios; Architectural, Aviation and Travel photography. To visit these "Best of" galleries, click on the three tittles below. Here we go!



2012 Pic(k) of the week 9: Sunset over Jazirat Al Hamra
1 Even though this is not one of my traditional Architectural images, it is probably my favourite image of 2012. "Sunset over the abandoned village,  Jazirat Al Hamra" North of Dubai.



Burj al Arab by night
2 This night shot of the 7 star Burj al Arab hotel, was shot end of the year with my new FujiFilm X-E1 mirrorless camera. The fact that an X-E1 image made it into my portfolio less than two weeks after buying the camera, says a lot of the image quality. More on this blog in the next few weeks...



Symphony of Lights, Hong Kong
3 Even though I've shot the Hong Kong skyline before, this is one to be remembered; hanging on to an umbrella in pouring rain and strong winds, made shooting this image a challenge!





Falcon 7X at the Abu Dhabi Air Expo 2012
1 Dassault Falcon 7X Business jet at the 2012 Abu Dhabi Air Expo. March 5-7 this event will be held for the second time at the Al Bateen airport. 


2012 Pic(k) of the week 45: Fly away
2 A380 taking off from Dubai International airport. I particularly like the contrail of the other jet in the lower left of the frame. One could almost think this was shot Air to Air.


Crew Chief climbing a P-51 Mustang at the 2012 Zoersel PhotoFlying days
3 P-51D Mustang at the PhotoFlying days, @Zoersel, Belgium. The crew-chief climbing the wing with a spinning prop, in order to speak to the pilot, makes for a pretty spectacular image.




Come and sit on my bench, South Iceland
1 Iceland, "Land of Fire and Ice", was definitively my best 2012 Photo Adventure. I made more 5 star images during this trip than ever before in a single trip. 



Blue ice at Jokulsarlon
2 "Blue Ice at Jokulsarlon"; needless to say, the nr 2 is from the same trip...


Richshaw puller in Calcutta
3 "Rickshaw puller in Calcutta". When it comes to people photography, India remains one of my favorite Travel destinations!



Remember, " A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange

BJORN
Follow me on:




Comments