Pic(k) of the week 33: These shoes are made for walking!

Just a few weeks ago, I was at my parents place in Belgium, where I had promised to shoot a very personal object; my second walking shoes, almost 40 years old. Yes I turned "midlife age" earlier this year...

Before we go any further I need to praise my mum, who last year at the age of 64, picked up her first digital DSLR! Needless to say, she has a steep learning curve ahead, but she really seems to enjoy taking her Canon 500D out and has an interesting photographical eye. I guess I now know where I got the photo-bug from! Follow her on Facebook here
She was actually the one who photographed them first last month.

2011 Pic(k) of the week 33: These shoes are made for walking
These are apparently my second pair of shoes which have been bronzed later by common tradition.

Imaged details:
Nikon D700, Nikkor 105 2.8 Micro
ISO 1250, 105mm, f10, 1/80s
Lightroom 3 RAW processing
Nik ColorEfex Pro for optimum contrast
Nik SilverEfex Pro 2 for B&W conversion

Some selective coloring was put back after the high contrast Black and White conversion. 

Thanks for visiting and to quote David DuChemin remember: Gear is good, Vision is better!

BJORN
Follow me on:

Comments