Pic(k) of the week 45: Skydive Dubai

A few days ago I was out at Skydive Dubai, the new parachuting club at Dubai Marina. In a previous life, I used to fly with skydivers for more than 10 years, at Moorsele, Belgium, now called Paraclub Vlaanderen or PCV. So even though I never dared to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft, I'm quite familiar with the exciting world of those strange falling people from the sky!

Skydive Dubai, less than 2 years old, is growing fast. They use a brand new Pilatus PC-6 and a de Havilland DHC-6 Twin-otter

Twin-otter just after take-off at Skydive Dubai
The image above, is made just after the Twin-otter took off from the short airstrip next to the Mina Seyahi Beach resort with a fresh load of skydivers. 

Image details:
Nikon D700 with 24-70 2.8 lens
ISO 400, 36mm, 1/1000s, f8
HDR processed with Photomatix from a single RAW file  
Color Efex for contrast improvement
LR for the fine-tuning of the image

More of my "Skydive" images here.

Happy shooting,
BJORN
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter


Comments